We are Kayastha community,Lord Chitragupta Maharaj was our ancestor.
Kayastha is a non-uniform functional group of Hindus originating in India. Kayasthas are considered to be members of the scribe caste, and have traditionally acted as keepers of public records and accounts, writers, and administrators of the state. They are a dual caste of Brahmins and Kshatriya.As descendants of Lord Chitragupta, they are more brahminical than Kshatriya. They are mathematicians, astronomers, surveyors, geometricians, treasurers and finance advisories of kingdoms. Kayasthas have historically occupied the highest government offices, serving as ministers and advisors of the middle and southern kingdoms of India and the Mughal Empire, and holding important administrative positions during the British Raj.
- Jagadish Chandra Bose, Bengali Scientist
- Lalitaditya Muktapida Emperor of Kashmir
- Subhas Chandra Bose, popularly known as Netaji (“Respected Leader”)
- Swami Vivekananda (b. Narendranath Datta)
- Maharishi Mahesh Yogi (b. Mahesh Prasad Varma) popularly known for his Transcendental Meditationtechniques
- Harivansh Rai Bachchan (b. Harivansh Rai Srivastav)
- Bhagvati Charan Varma
- Jayaprakash Narayan (1902 -1979) – Freedom fighter, Social reformer and anti-corruption campaigner
- Rajendra Prasad (1889-1963) – First president of republic of India
- Ravi Shankar Prasad
- Lal Bahadur Shastri (1904-1966) – Prime minister of India
- Premchand (1880 – 1936) – Author in Hindi language. Born Dhanpat Rai Srivastav
- Mahadevi Varma